Please read these policies carefully as many have changed from last season.
• Register Online at
• Registration for the 2020-2021 season will begin on
Monday, July 13, 2020 @ 12:00 pm.
• 08/17/20 First Day of Fall Classes
• 08/17/20 ½ Tuition Processed
• 09/01/20 Tuition Processed
• 09/07/20 Closed for Labor Day
• 10/01/20 Tuition Processed
• 10/12/20 Open for Columbus Day
• 11/01/20 Tuition Processed
• 11/18/20 Purchase Christmas Show Tickets
• 11/22-29/20 Closed for Thanksgiving
• 12/01/20 Tuition Processed
• 12/12/20 Tentative Christmas Show Dress Rehearsal
• 12/13/20 Tentative Christmas Show
• 12/15/20 Purchase Company Show Tickets
• 12/20/20-01/03/20 Closed for Christmas Break
• 01/01/21 Tuition Processed
• 01/04/21 First Day of Spring Classes
• 01/15/21 Recital Costume Fee Processed
• 01/18/21 Open for MLK Day
• 01/30/21 Tentative Company Show
• 02/01/21 Tuition Processed
• 02/15/21 Open for President’s Day
• 03/01/21 Tuition Processed
• 03/14-21/21 Closed for Spring Break
• 03/15/21 Recital Participation Fee Processed
• 03/24/21 Purchase Recital Tickets
• 04/01/21 Tuition Processed
• 04/02-04/21 Closed for Good Friday & Easter Weekend
• 05/01/21 Tuition Processed
• 05/14/21 Tentative Recital Dress Rehearsal
• 05/15/21 Tentative Recital
• 05/29/21 Last Day of Classes
REFUNDS/CREDIT ON ACCOUNT
• Tuition, fees, and costume fees are not refundable for any reason. Refunds are only issued when POG cancels a class due to low enrollment.
• Account credit will be issued when the student or parent initiates the schedule change. Credit will be applied to any POG tuition or fees due within one year.
• No refunds will be given if a similar online class is provided in place of an in-studio class.
Regular attendance is vital to student progress and group choreography. Please make every effort to attend each class. Students may make up missed classes until April 1. If you miss more than two of the final eight classes before recital you may be dismissed from participating in the recital routine at the discretion of the teacher. Tuition, fees, and costume fees are not refundable for any reason. There is no discount or refund for missed classes.
Proper attire and hair etiquette are required for all classes. Class attire information can be found on our website. All required items will be available at Gracie’s Boutique located in our Pointe of Grace lobby.
SAFER STUDIO POLICY
POG requires all staff and students to stay home when they are ill. In order to reduce community spread of Coronavirus, we follow best practices and recommendations from our local health department and from our industry associations, More Than Just Great Dancing!® and Youth Protection Advocates in Dance. POG understands that unlike older children and adults, young children cannot be expected to maintain social distancing at all times despite our best efforts. Therefore POG focuses on a hierarchy of measures beginning with keeping ill people home, followed by frequent hand cleaning and good hygiene practices, amplified cleaning, and curricular and facility adaptations to minimize contact and mingling where possible. All studio classes are offered on an online learning platform at the time of the regularly registered class. In the event a class is unable to be held at the studio, classes will convert to an online learning platform until in-studio classes can resume.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
As my child's guardian, I understand and agree that in participating in any dance class, virtual class, workshop, rehearsal or performance, there is a possibility of physical injury, sickness, illness, and, in rare circumstances, death. I agree to release and hold harmless Pointe of Grace Dance Studio, including its teachers, dancers, staff members, and facilities from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future. I will not hold Pointe of Grace Dance Studio liable for any personal injury, sickness, illness, or any personal property damage, which may occur on the premises before, during or after classes. Furthermore, I understand that I should be aware of my, and/or my child’s physical limitations and agree not to exceed them. If I am signing this waiver for my child, I certify that I am the parent or legal guardian and have the right to waive these rights. Further, I authorize and agree that Pointe of Grace Dance Studio may take and use photographs/videos of me and/or my child for purposes of record keeping, advertising, and marketing. I understand that I do not have any rights to these photographs/videos and will not be compensated for the same.
CONTINUOUS PARENT COMMUNICATION SYSTEM
POG uses a “green, yellow, red” system of continuous parent communication regarding the status of classes which can be found in the top right-hand corner of our website. A green emoji indicates normal class participation at the studio with open common areas and no restrictions. A yellow emoji indicates a cautionary change to service delivery such as, closed common areas, hand sanitizing stations, virtual class options, and strongly encouraged mask use. A red emoji indicates clients should stay home and attend class online.
• Monthly Email Newsletter, Email, Website, Facebook and Lobby Communication Center located on our bulletin board. Our lobby communication center will be temporarily moved to our exterior doors while the lobby remains closed.
• Join our POG Parent & Student Community on Facebook to connect with faculty and families.
• It is the parent’s responsibility to check all communication provided by POG.
All accounts with Pointe of Grace Dance Studio have one primary account holder. This is the account holder that registers and signs the registration form upon the time of registration. This account holder will be the one considered financially responsible for the account.
• A second guardian can be added to a student's account upon email request.
• Our online service allows users to process payments for charges, make online payments, enter and modify contact information, edit card information, and register for select classes from the comfort of their home - 24 hours a day.
• Account holders are responsible to check and read all informative Pointe of Grace emails. If you are not receiving emails, please check your spam folder and mark it as "Not Junk".
TUITION FEES & PAYMENTS
• Tuition rates are for the full season (including studio holidays) from August 17, 2020 through May 29, 2021, not by the number of classes in the month. Tuition fees are paid monthly. After registering (paying for last month + annual membership fee), monthly tuition must be paid by automatic debit or credit card payment. Tuition will be debited from your account (or charged to your credit card) on the 1st day of each remaining month.
• Pointe of Grace requires a current credit card on file and tuition debited by auto pay.
• Accounts not paid within 7 days after the posted tuition day are subject to a $10.00 late fee monthly charge and discontinued services until paid. Accounts more than 60 days past due may be submitted to collection services.
• A $10 declined card fee will be assessed to every account that is declined. If you wish to change the card on file, please do so in your DanceStudio-Pro account before tuition is run.
• Recital costume fees will be automatically charged to your account on January 15, 2021.
• Recital participation fee will be automatically charged to your account on March 15, 2021.
•Siblings receive a 10% discount on the smaller tuition account for regular school year classes. No sibling discounts are offered for our pointe program, theatre program, or company program.
• Sibling discounts described are for immediate family only. Pointe of Grace management will make the final decision regarding family discount eligibility.
• Non-sufficient funds on paper checks payments will incur a $25 NSF fee which will be paid at the front desk along with the tuition.
MAKE UP CLASSES
• Make-Up Classes are permitted.
• Caregivers must fill out the electronic "Make-Up Class Request" form. The student may attend another class their age/ grade level within two weeks of their missed class.
• It is necessary to schedule a make-up class, in order to ensure there is room in the requested make-up class on the given date. Once you've submitted the electronic "Make-Up Class Request" form our office will review your make-up class request, and schedule your make-up class in your DanceStudio-Pro account. You will receive a confirmation email once your request has been approved.
• Please allow 5 business days for your request to be reviewed and approved.
• Students may make up missed classes until April 1, 2021.
WITHDRAW FROM CLASS
• Our class season runs from August 17, 2020 - May 29, 2021. We do understand that there may be changes that would lead to withdraw, but please note a dancer will not be receiving their full dance training by withdrawing early.
• In order to submit a withdrawal request, email email@example.com. You will receive a response with a link to the electronic "Withdrawal Request" form.
• A withdrawal request must be received (via electronic "Withdrawal Request" form) by the 25th of the month in order to avoid billing for the following month.
• Any forms submitted between the 26th and 1st of the month will be withdrawn from their class(es) the 25th day of the following month. Failure to do so will result in a cancellation fee equal to one month’s tuition.
• We do not accept over the phone, social media communication, or verbal communication as a formal withdrawal. This assures that our staff receives and processes the withdrawal.
• Automatic bank debiting or credit card charges will stop after the one-month notice period.
PRIVATE LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY
• All private lessons canceled with more than 48 hours notice will receive a full account credit. No-show lessons or lessons canceled with less than 48 hours notice will be charged the full amount.
RESCHEDULING, TEACHER AND CLASS SUBSTITUTION
• POG reserves the right to reschedule or combine classes.
•Classes with less than 6 students registered are subject to cancellation.
• POG reserves the right to provide a substitute or replacement teacher at any point in the year.
• POG reserves the right to deliver class content via an online system in the event that classes are not able to be conducted live for any reason including, but not limited to: weather, teacher absence, or governmental advisory.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In the event of inclement weather, an email will be sent and a social media post made by 2pm if classes are canceled (by 8am for morning classes). Please note that we do not necessarily follow school closings as roads are often cleared by the time studio classes begin. Any canceled classes may be made up on your own time from our regular schedule of in person and on-line classes, based upon availability. In the event there is not a makeup class available, a replacement lesson opportunity will be scheduled.
LOST AND FOUND AND SECURITY
• A lost and found basket is located in the studio lobby. Please check the lost and found basket regularly as all lost and found items are donated to Goodwill on the 1st and 15th of each month.
• Security cameras are located in public areas for safety and security. POG does not make security or video data available to students or parents.
• POG is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please do not leave belongings unattended.
• Dancers are encouraged to take dance bags into classrooms with them and place them in a designated cubby.
CODE OF CONDUCT
• Parents and/ or family members are not permitted in the classroom, without consent of the instructor.
• Parents must let instructors know of any child's pre-existing medical conditions.
• If a student is more than 10 minutes late they may be asked to sit out and watch the class if the instructor believes they cannot be fully stretched and warmed up.
• Dancers must use the restroom before or after class. Leaving in the middle of class is discouraged.
• No gum during class or on the studio floors.
• Please do not arrive more than ten minutes before your child’s class.
• Parents must supervise all siblings.
• Students and siblings of students are not permitted to play outside in front of other businesses out of respect to our neighbors.
• Students should have their shoes labeled with their initials.
• All students at Pointe of Grace are encouraged to have a positive and cooperative attitude.
• The words “I can’t” are not allowed in the classroom!
• The instructors expect the students to respect their teachers as well as their classmates.
• Students and parents will not speak negatively about one another while at Pointe of Grace.
• Any parent or family member who disturbs class or approaches a teacher, staff member, dancer, or another parent with ill intent or who purposely disregards POG policies will be asked to leave immediately.
• We hold an annual optional Christmas Show in the month of December.
• Information and registration will be released at the end of September.
• All students will learn a christmas routine in their weekly dance class, and those registered will have 1-3 weekend rehearsals to set formations.
• Costumes are rented from Pointe of Grace and will be returned the week concluding the performance.
• We end our season with our Spring Recital. All students are automatically enrolled in our annual Recital.
• The Spring Recital will be held on a weekend in May depending on local theater availability.
• Spring Recital and mandatory dress rehearsal dates are tentatively published in the “2020-2021 Calendar” section above.
• Show assignments and rehearsal assignments will be tentatively published in the month of March.
• Tickets will be available for purchase through a ticketing service on March 24, 2021. Ticket prices typically range from $12-$20 depending on venue.
SPRING RECITAL COSTUME ORDERS/EXCHANGES
• All classes have a recital costume.
• Spring Recital costumes will be paid by automatic debit or credit card payment on January 15 and are not refundable. Costumes will not be ordered unless payment is received in full.
• Students are measured for costumes in classes and they will be delivered in April.